Crowdy Gap walking track
Crowdy Bay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Crowdy Gap walking track.
Features of this track
15 - 45min
Quality of markings
No experience required
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Crowdy Gap walking track starts at Crowdy Gap campground in the southern precinct of Crowdy Bay National Park. To get there:
- Via Harrington, drive along Crowdy Head Road and Crowdy Bay Road.
- Via Moorland, drive along Coralville Road and Crowdy Bay Road.
- Via Laurieton, drive along Diamond Head Road, Coralville Road and Crowdy Bay Road.
Parking is available at Crowdy Gap campground.
Best times to visit
Crowdy Bay National Park generally enjoys a warm subtropical climate. However outside of winter the temperature can reach above 30C, so be sure to carry sunscreen, a hat and plenty of water. Drinking water is not available within the park. Winter days and nights can be cool to cold, particularly in exposed areas of the park.
Wildflowers paint the dunes and heath in spectacular colour during spring.
Swimming, boating and fishing – enjoy the delights of Crowdy Bay's magnificent beaches Look out for the festive Christmas Bell blooms.
Remember your binoculars and camera to experience the sight of migrating whales.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19°C and 25°C
10°C and 19°C
February and March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444