Abbey Creek picnic area
Crowdy Bay National Park
Abbey Creek picnic area in the southern section of Crowdy Bay National Park offers sheltered tables and direct beach access for swimming, surfing and whale watching.
- Picnic areas
- Crowdy Bay National Park in North Coast
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch or whale watch.
If you’re looking for a picturesque spot for a day at the beach, pack the picnic hamper and head to Abbey Creek picnic area just north of Crowdy Gap campground. A short drive from Harrington or Taree, you can enjoy a leisurely lunch with unspoilt coastal views in the more remote southern precinct of Crowdy Bay National Park.
Only a short stroll to Crowdy Beach, why not grab your towel and head down for a refreshing swim in the clear blue waves? The area is popular for fishing, surfing, and even parasailing. Keep your eyes peeled for dolphins playing in the surf, as well as osprey and sea-eagles patrolling the beaches for tasty treats.
When you’ve worked up an appetite, unpack a spread in the shade of the sheltered picnic tables and tuck in. If you feel like stretching your legs, try the easy Crowdy Gap walking track.
Take a virtual tour of Abbey Creek picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Crowdy Bay National Park in the North Coast region
Crowdy Bay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Pay park entry fees at the Diamond Head campground onsite office.Buy annual pass