Cascades walking track
New England National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Cascades walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
2hrs 30min - 3hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Cascades walking track is in the Point lookout precinct of New England National Park. To get there:
- Turn onto Point Lookout Road from the Waterfall Way halfway between Armidale and Dorrigo
- Continue for approximately 10km
- Turn right just after the park entrance and park at the Robinsons Knob trail carpark.
Park entry points
- Robinsons Knob trail carpark See on map
Parking is available at Robinsons Knob trail carpark.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in New England National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the fresh air walking during the day, and cosy nights by the fire at Toms Cabin.
Climb up to Wrights lookout and see the colourful display of wildflowers.
Immerse yourself in the cool air and vibrant green of the Antarctic beech rainforest covered in moss.
Discover the spectacular icicles and frozen rock faces along the Weeping Rock walking track.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
10°C and 24°C
1°C and 12°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Firewood may not be collected from the park, so you'll need to bring your own.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453