Cascades walking track and viewing platform
Wadbilliga National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Cascades walking track and viewing platform.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Cascades walking track is in the Cascades precinct of the Wadbilliga National Park. To get there From Canberra:
- Head south towards Cooma on the Monaro Highway. Exit just north of Cooma, turning left onto Polo Flat Road and then left again after crossing the train line onto Numeralla Road.
- Follow this for about 40 minutes, then turn right onto Badja Forest Road, which turns onto a dirt road immediately after the turn-off.
- From here, follow the signs to Cascades by turning right onto Peters Road and then right onto Tuross Falls Road.
Follow the Tuross Falls Road to the end, where you will find a parking area.
Park entry points
- Tuross Falls carpark See on map
Parking is available on Main Road, a short walk from the walking track.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wadbilliga National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Walk to Tuross River Falls now that the days are getting a bit cooler. Or, follow one of the many unsealed roads through Wadbilliga on a mountain bike.
Walk to Turross River Falls for a great half-day adventure. Or, take a back-country hike to Wadbilliga Trig.
Lilo and swim in the many gorgeous pools at the cascades. Camp at the Cascades and watch for greater gliders at night.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
8°C and 23°C
-3°C and 10°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
- You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Firewood may not be collected from the park, so you'll need to bring your own.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.