Cascades walking track and viewing platform
Wadbilliga National Park
Cascades walking track takes you to a viewing platform with scenic views of the spectacular Tuross River, which cascades into a refreshing pool that’s ideal for a summer swim.
- Wadbilliga National Park
- 0.8km return
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters
- There is no mobile reception at the Cascades precinct and very limited mobile reception in this park.
- If you are bushwalking in this park it is a good idea to bring a topographic map, compass and a GPS.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Cascades can become boggy when it rains.
- For more information, please contact the Bombala office on (02) 6458 4080 between 9am and 12.30pm Monday to Friday.
A short easy walk takes you to a viewing platform where you can watch the spectacular Tuross River tumble over boulders into a beautiful pool that makes for a gorgeous spot where you can swim, splash and cool down on a hot summer’s day.
The pool is surrounded by a diverse range of plant life, from dwarf she-oaks and stunted mallee formed eucalypts on the dry ridge tops, to majestic white trunked ribbon gums on the river banks. Greater gliders can be spotlighted at night. You may also be lucky enough to see some of the larger owls such as the powerful owl and sooty owl, which depend on gliders for prey. There is also an abundance of other birds in the area.
This tranquil swimming hole has good gravel road access, as well as picnic facilities, making it a perfect spot for a day trip getaway.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.