Carrow Brook walking track
Mount Royal National Park
Carrow Brook walking track is a remote walk into the valleys of Mount Royal National Park, near Singleton. A challenging loop hike, it’s best suited to fit, experienced bushwalkers.
- Mount Royal National Park in North Coast, Country NSW
- No wheelchair access
- 6km loop
- Time suggested
- 2hrs 30min - 3hrs 30min
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- What to
- Drinking water, sturdy shoes, hat, suitable clothing, clothes for all weather conditions, first aid kit, sunscreen, snacks, topographic map, gps
- Please note
- This trail includes a very steep descent and ascent of 450m and requires a high level of fitness. Bushwalking experience is recommended.
- This is a remote walking track. It’s a good idea to bring a topographic map, GPS and first-aid.
- Weather can change quickly and dramatically in this area, so please ensure you’re well prepared.
If you’re looking for a challenge, then Carrow Brook walking track is for you. Starting from Youngville campground you’ll descend through the towering forest as you make your way to the tranquil waters of Mulgowrie Creek and Carrow Brook. The water’s edge is an ideal place to stop for a rest and some lunch before you tackle the steep climb back.
You’re sure to feel a sense of remoteness on this adventure, as you breathe in the fresh mountain air and enjoy the sights of tall eucalypts, giant blue gums and critically endangered scrub turpentine.
Don’t forget to look up. As well as the scenic views of Mount Royal and Mount Carrow through the forest canopy, there’s also a good chance you’ll spot glossy black cockatoos, varied sitellas and scarlet robins. And keep a lookout among the understory for long-nosed potoroo and parma wallabies.
Spring is a great time to tackle this walk. Temperatures are mild and wildflowers, like white paper daisies, are in bloom.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Think Before You TREK
Are you planning a bushwalk, going somewhere remote or where the weather is extreme? Stay safe by planning your trip for all conditions and telling someone about it.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bulga office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 6574 5555
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW 2330
- in Mount Royal National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Mount Royal National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.