Caleys lookout track
Bents Basin State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Caleys lookout track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 45min
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Caleys lookout track starts at Bents Basin Road picnic area in the northern precinct of Bents Basin State Conservation Area. To get there:
- From Wallacia, follow Silverdale Road west
- Turn left onto Bents Basin Road and continue to the end
- At Bents Basin Road picnic area the trackhead is located to the west of the carpark.
Bents Basin Road picnic area is also accessible by foot from southern precinct of the park by taking the footpath across the short bridge next to the water.
Parking is available at Bents Basin Road picnic area
Best times to visit
Bents Basin State Conservation Area is a great place to visit all year round. Head to the park for a camping weekend in spring, a weekend picnic in the winter sun or a sunny summer day for lots of water activities.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 29°C
3°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Scheyville office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4572 3100
- 71 Memorial Drive, Scheyville 2756
- in Bents Basin State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bents Basin State Conservation Area opens at 8am and closes at 5pm (8pm during daylight savings). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines that accept both coin and card.Buy annual pass