Bullimah Spur track
Bouddi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bullimah Spur track.
Features of this track
40 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Gentle hills: Most of the track has gentle hills that follow the ups and downs of the landscape. Around 500m into the walk, the track climbs to a rocky knoll leading to a ridge-top and there are no handrails.
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles: The track is 1m wide and hard-packed ground. There are rocks and protruding tree roots along the length of the track.
Occasional steps: There are no steps along Bullimah Spur track, but there are stairs on Maitland Bay walking track which an the access point to this trail.
Getting there and parking
Bullimah Spur track begins at Maitland Bay Information Centre in the Maitland Bay precinct of Bouddi National Park.
To get there from Gosford:
- Follow Central Coast Highway towards Erina
- Turn right onto Avoca Drive and continue through Kincumber
- Turn right at Empire Bay Drive
- Turn left into Cochrone Street and then right onto The Scenic Road
- The centre is located opposite the intersection of Maitland Bay Drive and The Scenic Road
There's parking at Maitland Bay Information Centre, including 1 accessible parking space.
Best times to visit
Take the Bouddi Coastal walk to be amazed by the colourful wildflowers on display in spring.
Cool off with a dip at one the park's gorgeous beaches or try snorkelling at Maitland Bay Surf the popular coastline between MacMasters Beach and Box Head .
Grab the camera and spot humpback whales as they migrate north between May and July.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
9°C and 17°C
January to March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- The walking track is 1m wide and step-free, with gentle hills and a hard-packed ground surface.
- There are rocks and tree roots along the length of the track.
- At around 500m into the walk, the track climbs to a rocky knoll leading to a ridge-top. There are no handrails at this point of the track.
- There's an accessible parking space at Maitland Bay Information Centre where this walk begins.
- Girrakool office
- Monday to Friday, hours vary.
- 02 4320 4200
- 59 Girrakool Rd, Somersby, NSW 2250
- in Bouddi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bouddi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines that accept both card and coins, or you can pay via the Park'nPay app.Buy annual pass