Buddong Falls walking track
Tumut area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Buddong Falls walking track.
Features of this track
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Buddong Falls walking track is in the Tumut area of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
From Laurel Hill:
- Follow Kopsens Road, then turn left onto Snubba Road.
- Continue along Snubba Road and travel for 3.6km
- Turn right onto Bullongra Road, then continue straight onto Browns Road.
- Follow Browns Road until the turn-off for De Beauzevilles Road, then continue on to Bago Boundary Road.
- From Elliott Way, follow Bago Powerline Road and continue along this road until it becomes Bago Boundary Road.
Please note, there is no vehicle access from Talbingo due to long-term road closures.
- Please watch out for logging trucks on forestry roads.
- Buddong Falls is in a remote location accessed by narrow, winding roads. Please drive carefully and be aware of oncoming traffic and wildlife.
- This walking track may not be accessible during wet weather.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- Most roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Buddong Falls campground, where the walking track begins.
- Please bring your own drinking water. Water is available at the creek, but you’ll need to boil or purify it.
- The toilets, picnic tables and barbecues are located at Buddong Falls campground, where the walking track begins.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Mountain biking is permitted on vehicle roads, but not along the walking track.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720
- in the Tumut area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Tumut area is open all year but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Tumut area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass