Border loop walk
Border Ranges National Park
Walk the short and easy Border loop walk through World Heritage-listed rainforest. Enjoy spectacular views from the lookout and finish with a picnic at the end.
- Border Ranges National Park
- No wheelchair access
- 1.5km loop
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 2
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- You’ll find picnic and barbecue facilities at Border loop lookout where the walk commences
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
Take a break from touring the Tweed Range scenic drive and stop in at Border loop.
The circuit track leaves from Border loop lookout and picnic area, taking you on a short walk through a canopy of World Heritage-listed rainforest. This forest supports a population of koalas, so make sure you look high into the canopy for a glimpse of an Australian icon. If you’re interested in finding out more about the ancient rainforest plants, be sure to check out the track-side signs as you walk.
When you come to the end of the track, spend some time taking in views of Gradys Creek valley and the historic Border loop railway line that tunnels through the McPherson range from Border loop lookout. It’s a great place for a barbecue or picnic lunch.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- in Border Ranges National Park in the North Coast region
Border Ranges National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system at entry. Please bring the correct change and display your receipt.Buy annual pass