Bluff Mountain walking track
Warrumbungle National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bluff Mountain walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
7 - 8hrs
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Bluff Mountain walking track starts from Camp Pincham carpark in the central valley of Warrumbungle National Park—about 35km west of Coonabarabran. To get there from Coonabarabran:
- Follow John Renshaw Parkway into Warrumbungle National Park
- Turn left into Pincham Road around 100m past the visitor centre turnoff and continue to the end
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Pincham carpark
Toilets are located at Pincham carpark and on the route at Balor Hut.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
You can’t camp on the walking track. Camping is available at Camp Pincham, Ogma campground or Balor Hut campground.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited at this location. This area is a Drone Exclusion Zone. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Warrumbungle NP Visitor Information Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed 12pm to 1pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6825 4364
- 4261 John Renshaw Parkway, Warrumbungle NSW 2828
- in Warrumbungle National Park in the Country NSW region
Warrumbungle National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass