Bingi Dreaming track
Eurobodalla National Park
Head out for a day walk on the Bingi Dreaming track, a coastal walk that traces the ancient Song Lines of the Yuin Aboriginal people. Enjoy stunning views as you walk.
- Eurobodalla National Park
- 13.5km one-way
- Time suggested
- 4 - 6hrs
- Grade 3
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- If you’re finishing the walk at Tuross Head, you might like to enjoy a relaxing meal at one of the cafes overlooking the water
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch or whale watch
Follow in the footsteps of the Brinja-Yuin people as you walk the Bingi Dreaming track.
Traditionally, Dreaming tracks or Song Lines link the places visited by Aboriginal people, the Bingi Dreaming track links campsites, ceremonial and trade sites, fresh water and plentiful coastal food sources. Along the way, you might see stone artefacts or patches of shell middens.
The walk passes through different types of coastal habitat; there are great opportunities for birdwatching among the heathlands, forests and lakeshores and you’re likely to see kangaroos and wallabies relaxing in the sun. If you’re walking during whale watching season, be sure to stop off at one of the vantage points along the way for a glimpse of the majestic creatures, as well as panoramic views of Gulaga (Mount Dromedary) and Baranguba (Montague Island).
Stretching from Congo in the north to Tuross Head in the south, you can start the 14km walk from either end, or break it up into a few shorter walks to enjoy over a couple of days. There are lots of places to stop for a swim or picnic along the way so don’t forget to take your swimmers and a towel.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Narooma office
- Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4476 0800
- 9 Burrawang Street, Cnr Graham Street, Narooma NSW 2456
- in Eurobodalla National Park in the South Coast region
Eurobodalla National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.