Belmore Falls walking track
Morton National Park
Belmore Falls walking track near Kangaroo Valley offers no shortage of lookouts and sensational southern highland, waterfall and sandstone flora views.
- Morton National Park in South Coast, Country NSW
- 1.8km return
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply at Fitzroy Falls and in the Bundanoon area of the park.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Reaching the falls from Robertson involves a narrow winding dirt road. Please drive with care
- For your safety, avoid trying to see the falls at Barrengarry Creek crossing
- To return, go back the way you came, or make a short-cut across the carpark
The walk starts at the Hindmarsh lookout carpark, with a magnificent view of Kangaroo Valley. Follow the signs around the escarpment to several lookouts, the last of which provides views of the waterfall. Typical sandstone flora is a special feature of this walk, including flowers such as honey flower, banksia, wattle and tea-tree.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 8270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and cards accepted.Buy annual pass
Things to do (42)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (8)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (3)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (5)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (6)
- Sightseeing (27)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (21)
- Waterfalls (21)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (9)