Basin loop track
Copeland Tops State Conservation Area
Basin loop track continues from Hidden Treasure track to form a longer walk with scenic views of Copeland Tops State Conservation Area via historic Old Copeland Road.
- Copeland Tops State Conservation Area
- 7km loop
- Time suggested
- 3hrs 30min - 4hrs 30min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, sturdy shoes
- Please note
- There's no mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch
For those who really like to stretch their legs, Basin loop track is the longest walking trail in Copeland Tops. This continuation of Hidden Treasure track follows, for the northern part of its loop, historic Old Copeland Road. The track will lead you through dry rainforest to open forest that lines the ridge tops of this area. See how the vegetation changes along the way from red cedars, giant stinging trees and strangler figs in the moister, more protected sections of rainforest, to Sydney blue gums and Craven grey box in the sclerophyll forest on the more exposed and drier ridges.
There’s an abundance of birds, so take along binoculars for birdwatching. Many of the park’s animals are nocturnal, but have been known to sometimes keep odd hours. Koalas can, of course, be seen at any time dozing off high up in the fork of gum trees, so keep your eyes peeled.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Copeland Tops State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
Copeland Tops State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.