Arch loop track
Borenore Karst Conservation Reserve
Explore Arch Cave along the easy Arch loop track, a short walk from the picnic area. Look for stalactites, stalagmites and columns in the cool cavern.
- Borenore Karst Conservation Reserve in Country NSW
- 0.7km loop
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 3
- Please note
- Watch out for low roof levels or you may bump your head
- Water levels in caves may rise very quickly during rain and thunderstorms. Always check the expected weather conditions before entering any of the caves. If rain is predicted, consider putting off your cave trip till another day.
- The ground in the cave can be slippery, so take care, wear sturdy shoes and take a torch
- The oil on our skin alters the way stalactites and stalagmites grow and can even change the colour of the rock, so please look but don’t touch
- Please do not damage or remove rocks from the area
- Find out how to make your own stalactite or stalagmite at home
The best way to explore the mysterious Arch Cave is on the Arch loop track. This easy walk starts and finishes at the Borenore picnic area, simply cross the footbridge from the picnic area and it’s just a short walk to the cave.
Take your time along the walk to check out the rock formations, they are quite striking close up and feature black, orange and yellow striped markings. Once you’re inside the caves, go slow to let your eyes adjust, or flick on your torch.
Look to the roof of the cave for the stalactites that cling tightly and to the stalagmites that grow upwards from the ground. Do you know what happens when the stalactites and stalagmites meet? They become a column; see how many you can count.
Spend as long as you like in the cave, from here, it’s just an easy walk back through woodland to the picnic area.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Borenore Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Borenore Karst Conservation Reserve is open 9am to 7pm every day but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.