Tumut Visitor Centre
Tumut area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Tumut Visitor Centre.
Getting there and parking
Tumut Visitor Centre is just outside the northern entry point to Kosciuszko National Park, on the corner of Snowy Mountains Highway and Gocup Road, in Tumut.
- It's recommended that all vehicles carry snow chains from the June to October long weekends. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Roads can close in extreme weather, so it’s a good idea to check weather and road conditions before setting out.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Tumut Visitor Centre, including several designated disabled spots.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
Tumut Visitor Centre is fully wheelchair-accessible.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720
- in the Tumut area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Tumut area is open all year but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Tumut area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass