Cape Byron Information Centre
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
Cape Byron Information Centre is the place to find visitor information for Cape Byron State Conservation Area, Cape Byron Marine Park and surrounding national parks in the Byron Bay area.
- Visitor centres
- 199 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay, NSW, 2481 - in Cape Byron State Conservation Area
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply at the Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct carpark.
- Opening times
9.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed on Christmas Day
When visiting the beautiful NSW North Coast, get your holiday off to a great start with a visit to Cape Byron Information Centre in Cape Byron State Conservation Area. With loads of information about Cape Byron, as well as surrounding national parks, the friendly and knowledgeable staff will help you make the most of your visit.
Discover the best walking, swimming and surfing spots and learn about what’s under the sea at Cape Byron Marine Park.
From this lovely setting overlooking the ocean, you might spot dolphins swimming year-round or even whales during the whale watching season from May to October. Grab a souvenir from the gift shop before you go or a coffee and bite from the cafe to fuel you up for your adventures.
Download the app and discover the magic of the Cape on your own. 'Around the Cape' starts at Captain Cook lookout and passes rainforest, rocky shore and beach before winding up at the lighthouse and returning via sheltered forest.
NSW National Parks first recorded The Pass midden in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in 1980. And, in 2013, ancient archaeological midden material was repatriated and displayed on Country. Today, along with our Aboriginal community partners, NPWS works to protect The Pass midden, both now and into the future.
- Cape Byron Information Centre
- 9.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day
- 02 6639 8300
- 199 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay NSW 2481
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted.
Coach entry: $26 per coach up to 30 seats; $50 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $83 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass