Cape Byron Information Centre
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
Cape Byron Information Centre is the place to find visitor information for Cape Byron State Conservation Area, Cape Byron Marine Park and surrounding national parks in the Byron Bay area.
- Visitor centres
- 199 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay, NSW, 2481 - in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in North Coast
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply at the Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct carpark.
- Opening times
9.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed on Christmas Day
When visiting the beautiful NSW North Coast, get your holiday off to a great start with a visit to Cape Byron Information Centre in Cape Byron State Conservation Area. With loads of information about Cape Byron, as well as surrounding national parks, the friendly and knowledgeable staff will help you make the most of your visit.
Discover the best walking, swimming and surfing spots and learn about what’s under the sea at Cape Byron Marine Park.
From this lovely setting overlooking the ocean, you might spot dolphins swimming year-round or even whales during the whale watching season from May to October. Grab a souvenir from the gift shop before you go or a coffee and bite from the cafe to fuel you up for your adventures.
Take in spectacular views over Byron Bay while you sip a coffee or enjoy a light meal at Cape Byron Lighthouse Cafe. It’s the perfect spot to relax after exploring the Cape Byron Lighthouse area.
Enjoy spectacular coastal views along the Cape Byron walking track that takes you on a hike through rainforest, beach, grassland and clifftops to the lighthouse.
Cape Byron Lighthouse sits on Australia’s most easterly point, a shining light over Byron Bay. Find out about shipwrecks, enjoy spectacular views or call ahead to join a guided tour.
The heritage-listed Assistant Lighthouse Keepers' Cottages at Byron Bay feature stunning coastal views. They’re a great choice for a weekend getaway or longer holiday.
Download the app and discover the magic of the Cape on your own. 'Around the Cape' starts at Captain Cook lookout and passes rainforest, rocky shore and beach before winding up at the lighthouse and returning via sheltered forest.
- Cape Byron Information Centre
- 9.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day
- 02 6639 8300
- 199 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay NSW 2481
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn and Information Centre: $10 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $5 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Tap and pay card or phone payments accepted at pay machines. Cash and credit cards accepted at Cape Byron Information Centre.
Coach entry: $30 per coach up to 30 seats; $57 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $94 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass