Murramarang National Park
Richmond Beach is one of Murramarang’s hidden treasures. Just 50m from the carpark on an easy walking track you can enjoy picnicking, swimming, snorkelling, fishing and paddling.
- Murramarang National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Richmond Beach is not patrolled and can sometimes have strong rips and currents. These beach safety tips will help you and your family stay safe in the water.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching or whale watching
Wander along a short and easy walking track and within a few steps you’ll arrive at the secluded beauty of Richmond Beach. Ideal for families, it provides protection from most onshore winds and makes for a peaceful day at the beach.
Surrounded by forest, there are plenty of shady spots to throw down a picnic rug and enjoy a picnic in a stunning natural setting. Bring your fishing gear and try your luck fishing from the beach, or go swimming and snorkelling in the sparkling blue waters.
With more than 90 species of birdlife in Murramarang, this is also a great spot for birdwatching. Wander along the foreshore and see how many species you can see. Catch a glimpse of gannets flying over the waters or watch the sooty oystercatchers fossicking along the shoreline.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass