Perisher Range cross-country ski trails
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
Take it easy or work up a sweat on Perisher's many uncrowded cross-country ski trails in the Snowy Mountains.
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park in Snowy Mountains
- No wheelchair access
- 58km of trails
- Time suggested
- 3 days
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
The ski season runs from the June long weekend to the October long weekend.
- What to
- Suitable clothing, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- Trails vary in length from 2.5km, 5km, 7.5km, 10km and longer touring trails.
- Suggested times may vary depending on which cross-county ski trail you chose to take.
The Perisher Valley Range is riddled with around 58km of marked and back country touring trails through Kosciuszko National Park's high country. Choose your own adventure, from 2.5km and 5km groomed loops, to longer, remote trails venturing further afield.
Glide slowly along the undulating trails or pick up the pace for a more challenging workout. Whatever you do, don't forget to bring your camera - the trails wind through picturesque scenery and ghostly looking snow gums that demand to be captured on film.
Take a virtual tour of Perisher Range cross-country ski trails captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
An iconic endangered species, the southern corroboree frog, found only in Kosciuszko National Park, faces the grave threat of extinction. Saving Our Species aims to prevent this from happening by battling chytrid fungus, protecting frog habitat from pests, and fostering a captive breeding program.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass