Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
This cave is closed until further notice to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff. Step back in time on a guided tour of Jersey Cave. You'll be awed by some of the most colourful and diverse decorations at Yarrangobilly Caves in Kosciuszko National Park.
- Show caves
- Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for all ages. Moderate fitness required. The path is 185m long with 217 steps, including some steep stairs.
Adult $26 per person. Concession $19 per person (incl. school-age children, Australian pension, Veterans Affairs and Seniors card holders). Family $68 (2 adults and 2 children).
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Meeting point
- Meet at Jersey Cave carpark on Cave Tour loop Road, around 700m from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre.
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, suitable clothing
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 or book online. Group bookings available, phone 02 6454 9597 or email Yarrangobilly Caves.
Jersey Cave boasts incredible cave formations 1.5 million years in the making. Cleopatra's Needle – a 4 metre column that reaches the ceiling, rare displays of black and grey flowstones, and forests of stalactites and stalagmites, are just a few highlights of this 1.5 hour guided tour.
One of the ancient limestone caves in northern Kosciuszko National Park, Jersey Cave's magical interior and setting make it popular with photographers, families, and visitors throughout the year.
Take a virtual tour of Jersey Cave captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
An iconic endangered species, the southern corroboree frog, found only in Kosciuszko National Park, faces the grave threat of extinction. Saving Our Species aims to prevent this from happening by battling chytrid fungus, protecting frog habitat from pests, and fostering a captive breeding program.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day
- 02 6454 9597
- 50 Yarrangobilly Caves Road, Yarrangobilly, NSW 2720
- in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Yarrangobilly area is open all year. See individual show caves and guided tours for times and prices. Additional tours run during NSW school holidays. Contact Yarrangobilly Caves on (02) 6454 9597 to confirm the tour times for your visit.
Park entry fees apply in the Yarrangobilly area
$4 per vehicle per day applies at Yarrangobilly Caves for motor vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
You’ll need to buy a ticket or cave pass from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre to visit all Yarrangobilly’s caves.Buy annual pass