Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Jersey Cave.
Getting there and parking
Jersey Cave is in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park, between Tumut and Cooma. To get there:
From Monaro Highway:
- After Cooma, turn right onto Snowy Mountains Highway and continue for around 110km
- Turn left onto Yarrangobilly Caves Entrance Road (6km beyond the Exit Road)
- Follow the unsealed, one-way road around 6km to Yarrangobilly Caves
From Hume Highway:
- At Gundagai, take the Tumut exit and follow Gocup Road to Tumut
- Continue south on Snowy Mountains Highway for around 75km
- Turn right onto Yarrangobilly Caves Entrance Road
- Follow the unsealed, one-way road for around 6km to Yarrangobilly Caves
- Yarrangobilly Caves entrance and exit roads are graded gravel. They're suitable for 2WD and 4WD vehicles up to 12.5m in length, however the Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) advise that the roads are unsuitable for caravans.
- RMS recommends snow chains are carried by all vehicles driving in the park in winter, including 4WD and AWD, in case of extreme weather. Visit the Live Traffic website for road conditions.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Snow chains required after snow
Parking is available at Jersey Cave carpark, 700m from the visitor centre, along Cave Tour Loop Road. Guided tours meet here. It's a 150m walk to the cave entrance.
The nearest flush toilets are located next to Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre. There's a non-flush toilet at Jillabenan Cave carpark, a further 300m up the one-way Cave Tour Loop Road.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day
- 02 6454 9597
- 50 Yarrangobilly Caves Road, Yarrangobilly, NSW 2720
- in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Yarrangobilly area is open all year. See individual show caves and guided tours for times and prices. Additional tours run during NSW school holidays. Contact Yarrangobilly Caves on (02) 6454 9597 to confirm the tour times for your visit.
Park entry fees apply in the Yarrangobilly area
$4 per vehicle per day applies at Yarrangobilly Caves for motor vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
You’ll need to buy a ticket or cave pass from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre to visit all Yarrangobilly’s caves.Buy annual pass