Wasp Head picnic area
Murramarang National Park
The Wasp Head picnic area is a tranquil bush setting offering scenic coastal views, fishing, walking and birdwatching opportunities.
- Picnic areas
- Murramarang National Park in South Coast
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch or whale watch.
If you enjoy a remote spot for a relaxing lunch, then head to the Wasp Head picnic area near South Durras in Murramarang National Park. The low-key facilities means it’s a great picnic spot, with great views and birdwatching, without the crowds.
For a post picnic stroll, try the easy Wasp Head walk where you can gaze across Wasp Island and nearby Emily Miller beach. If you’re after something more relaxing, try your hand at fishing or kick back and relax under the she-oaks.
Don’t forget the binoculars as herons, oyster catchers and shearwaters fish around the island. Keep your eye out for sea-eagles, peregrine falcons in the skies above.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Card only at Pretty Beach.Buy annual pass
Things to do (34)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Beach (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (17)
- Canoeing/paddling (4)
- Fishing (6)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Sightseeing (19)
- Snorkelling and scuba (7)
- Surfing (3)
- Swimming (13)
- Walking (22)
- Waterfalls (1)