Wasp Head picnic area
Murramarang National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Wasp Head picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Wasp Head picnic area is in the southern precinct of Murramarang National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Princess Highway at Benandarah and follow Durras Road for approximately 6km
- Follow the signs from South Durras to Wasp Head picnic area
Park entry points
- Wasp Head carpark See on map
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Wasp Head picnic area can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Wasp Head picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murramarang National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Spring is a great time to dust off your hiking boots and take to the park's tracks. Try the Pretty Beach to Durras Mountain walk for spectacular views of the coast and ranges.
There's no better time to head down the coast and catch some sunshine. With crystal clear waters for swimming and snorkelling, a beach camping trip is the ideal way to enjoy the Aussie summer.
Birdwatching opportunities abound at this time of year, see if you can catch the courting displays of lyrebirds in the park's rainforest areas.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 25°C
7°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Ensure you bring water for drinking and cooking
- There are no toilets at this picnic area.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539