Victoria Park picnic area
Victoria Park Nature Reserve
Take the family to the wheelchair-accessible Victoria Park picnic area for a relaxing barbecue and a walk in the rainforest, near Alstonville.
- Picnic areas
- Victoria Park Nature Reserve
- What to
- Drinking water, cooking water
When it’s time to catch up with friends and family, head to the picturesque Victoria Park picnic area. Here, you can enjoy the peaceful tranquillity of the rainforest in the northern NSW hinterland, only a short drive from Lismore. The adjacent reserve protects one of the last remnants of the original Big Scrub sub-tropical rainforest and makes an excellent backdrop for a relaxing get-together.
Spark up the barbecue or unpack the hamper in the cool shade of the bangalow palms, or if you’re feeling inspired, cook up a feast at the communal galley. The wheelchair facilities ensure this tropical oasis is a perfect spot for elderly people and groups.
After a leisurely picnic, the tranquil Victoria Park boardwalk makes a perfect after-lunch stroll.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
The free NSW National Parks app lets you download maps and explore parks, things to do and places to stay—all without mobile reception.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Alstonville office
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed for lunch, 12pm to 1pm.
- 02 6627 0200
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477
- in Victoria Park Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Victoria Park Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Under review. No park entry fees collected.Buy annual pass