Victoria Park boardwalk
Victoria Park Nature Reserve
The family will enjoy the short and accessible Victoria Park boardwalk, near Lismore, offering wildlife and birdwatching as well as Aboriginal history of the rainforest.
- 0.4km loop
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 1
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
- To help keep the rainforest free of weeds and foreign matter, please keep to the boardwalk.
Transport yourself to the lush world of sub-tropical rainforests on the short Victoria Park boardwalk. Discover the giant Morton Bay figs and towering black beans, remnants of the original Big Scrub that covered the Northern Rivers region. The path is suitable for prams and wheelchairs and accessible facilities at Victoria Park picnic area, means everyone can enjoy this idyllic spot.
As soon as you enter the shady green cool of the lush rainforest, dappled light filters through the dense canopy. The kids will love birdwatching for the vibrant wompoo fruitdove and colourful pitta bird. If you hear a scurry in the leaf litter, it’s likely to be the shy red-legged pademelon.
On a series of informative displays, learn how the local Widjabul Aboriginal people, of the Bundjalung nation, used the plants of the rainforest. You’ll find out how the curved sheath of the bangalow palm was used to carry water, and the sap of the strangler fig to heal wounds.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
The free NSW National Parks app lets you download maps and explore parks, things to do and places to stay—all without mobile reception.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Alstonville office
- Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
- 02 6627 0200
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477
- in Victoria Park Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Victoria Park Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.