Tyagarah Nature Reserve picnic area
Tyagarah Nature Reserve
Relax at this lovely picnic area next to Tyagarah Nature Reserve. Wander the nearby bush tracks, or head to the beach for swimming, sunbathing or fishing.
- Picnic areas
- Tyagarah Nature Reserve
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There may be limited/no mobile reception in certain parts of this park.
- Please note that the beach south adjacent to the reserve is designated as a ‘Clothes Optional Area’.
Located right next to Tyagarah Nature Reserve, this charming, quiet picnic spot, complete with tables, is a great place to chill out and grab a bite, or recline with a long, lazy picnic between swims at the beautiful beach just across the way.
Besides the gorgeous stretch of protected coastline here, there are also some excellent tracks behind the dunes, which are great for bushwalking and birdwatching. Coastal banksia can be found along the tracks and behind the dunes, as well as midgen berry, with its white flowers and purple spotted berries, which are much-loved by the local birds.
And although the picnic area is not the place to be at one with nature, a short walk to Tyagarah Beach is where you're welcome to be nude.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Byron Bay office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6639 8300
- 22 Tallow Beach Road, Byron Bay 2481
- in Tyagarah Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Tyagarah Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct the change.Buy annual pass