Tunks Hill picnic area
Lane Cove National Park
Great views of Chatswood, free barbecues and space for up to 300 people are just some of the best assets of Tunks Hill picnic area in Lane Cove National Park.
- Picnic areas
- Lane Cove National Park
Booking fees may apply. Groups larger than 100 people will need to book the whole area.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Book online or call 02 8448 0406. The picnic area has capacity for up to 300 people. The shelter has shelter capacity for 50 people. There are 7 picnic tables seating 6 people each. 2 are sheltered tables. Parking is available for up to 100 vehicles.
- Available for hire daily, 9am to 5pm (or 6pm during daylight savings).
- Please note
- If you want to guarantee your spot at this picnic area you'll need to hire it
- You can bring your own gas barbecue to the picnic area, as long as there are no fire bans in place.
With three distinct grassy areas, Tunks Hill picnic area in Lane Cove National Park is a great spot for a family get-together or a relaxing day out. Located on a hilltop on Riverside Drive, it boasts views of Chatswood, as well as adjacent bush, home to birdlife and local reptiles.
Enjoy a picnic at one of the tables or sit back on one of grassy patches beneath towering gum trees. A large shelter is also available for bookings of up to 50 guests. The shelter, originally used for storing pig food, was built by farmer William Tunks, who lived here before the land became a national park.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- in Lane Cove National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Lane Cove National Park is open 9am to 7pm during daylight savings (until 6pm at other times). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines.
Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Prior payment may be required, please phone the Lane Cove National Park Office for more information.
Under the National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 30 or more people planning to visit the park. Contact the park office prior to your visit.Buy annual pass