Terry Hie Hie picnic area
Terry Hie Hie Aboriginal Area
All the practical information you need to know about the Terry Hie Hie picnic area.
Getting there and parking
- Head north out of Narrabri along the Newell Highway to Bellata (47 km).
- Turn right onto Wilga Street (follow the sign for Terry Hie Hie).
- This road turns into Berrigal Creek Road. Follow this road for 34km and veer left at the Y-intersection with Melburra Road.
- Terry Hie Hie picnic area is a further 14 km on the left, and just north of Terry Hie Hie village.
- Head east on the Gwydir Highway out of Moree towards Warialda.
- Travel 6km and turn right onto the Moree-Terry Hie Hie Road.
- The Terry Hie Hie picnic area is located approximately 43km from the Gwydir Highway turnoff, on the right, just before the church.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Bus and car parking is available.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Terry Hie Hie Aboriginal Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Safe from the worst of the blazing sun, these months are ideal for a stroll along Yana-y Warruwi walking track, followed by a picnic in the picnic area.
The wildflowers bloom in spring, along with the bush tucker garden at Terry Hie Hie picnic area.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17.3°C and 33.1°C
3.1°C and 18.3°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.