Terania Creek picnic area
Nightcap National Park
Terania Creek picnic area is a great place for a family picnic or barbecue. Close to the carpark, walking tracks and waterfalls, its home to birds and goannas.
The grassy Terania Creek picnic area is an ideal place to relax for a picnic or barbecue lunch with family and friends. This area was the scene of protests to save the rainforests of NSW from further logging, so aside from its natural beauty, it is an important part of the history of our World-Heritage listed rainforest.
The rainforest setting, complete with birds and goannas, is sure to delight children and adults alike, and the secrets of Terania Creek are waiting to be discovered.
If you need to work up an appetite before your picnic, or feel like stretching your legs after a tasty barbecue, the easy Protesters falls walking track starts from near the carpark.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Alstonville office
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed for lunch, 12pm to 1pm.
- 02 6627 0200
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477
- in Nightcap National Park in the North Coast region
Nightcap National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.