Somersby Falls picnic area
Brisbane Water National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Somersby Falls picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Somersby Falls is located in the northern section of the park, about 5km north of the Girrakool picnic area and the F3.
From Newcastle and Sydney:
- Exit the F3 at the Central Coast Highway towards Gosford
- Take the Central Coast Highway past Kariong
- Turn onto Wisemans Ferry Road
- Take the second left onto Somersby Falls Road
- The picnic area is at the end of Somersby Falls Road
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the Somersby Falls picnic area. The carpark opens at 9am every day and is locked at 8pm during daylight savings and at 5pm all other times.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Wheelchair accessible toilets are available. Picnic tables are located along stone pathways or relatively flat grassy areas. A stone pathway leads to the edge of Floods creek, just before it descends over the first waterfall and provides views of the creek.
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas within the park close of an evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 9am to 5pm every day
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Girrakool and Somersby Falls picnic areas. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass