Sawn Rocks picnic area
Mount Kaputar National Park
Sawn Rocks picnic area is located at the start of Sawn Rocks walking track in Mount Kaputar National Park. It’s ideal for barbecues and picnics with scenic views of North West NSW.
- Picnic areas
- Mount Kaputar National Park
- Opening times
Sawn Rocks picnic area is always open, but may need to close at times due to poor weather.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
Once you’ve been wowed by the amazing columned geology on Sawn Rocks walking track, rest your legs and awaken your senses at Sawn Rocks picnic area.
If the invigorating scent of white cypress pine isn’t enough to enchant you, feast your eyes on the surrounding scenic views while enjoying a cuppa with your packed picnic.
Set in native woodland overlooking the peaceful farmland and craggy mountains of North West NSW, Sawn Rocks picnic area is an idyllic picnic spot with free gas barbecues and shaded picnic tables.
Spring is the best time to enjoy the blossoming wildflowers, showcasing a colourful display for bushwalking fans and you can expect to see striking orange yellow showy wattle and the snowy blossoms of White Box, among others, so remember your camera or sketchpad.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.