O'Sullivans Gap picnic area
Myall Lakes National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the O'Sullivans Gap picnic area.
Getting there and parking
O’Sullivans Gap picnic area is in the north-western precinct of Myall Lakes National Park. To get there:
- Turn left off Pacific Highway approximately 3km north of Bulahdelah onto Wootton Way (the old Pacific Highway)
- Drive along Wootton Way for approximately 7km
- Follow the signs to O’Sullivans Gap picnic area
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at O’Sullivans Gap picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Myall Lakes National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A good time to visit when the weather is a little cooler and the park is less busy.
Magnificent wildflower displays as they bloom across the heathlands.
Look for dolphins swimming among the waves.
Head to Sugarloaf Point to watch for whales on their annual migration.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19°C and 27°C
10°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Myall Lakes National Park in the North Coast region
Myall Lakes National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.
The park has coin/card operated pay machines at Mungo Brush campground. Day passes are also available from the Manning Great Lakes Area Office, Bulahdelah Visitor Information Centre and the Hawks Nest Newsagency. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Bombah Point ferry fees may also apply (cash payment only).Buy annual pass