Mongarlowe River picnic area
Monga National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Mongarlowe River picnic area.
Getting there and parking
On entering Monga National Park:
- Continue on River Forest Road for approximately 4.5km
- Turn left at the sign and drive 200m to Mongarlowe River picnic area
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Mongarlowe River picnic area. It can be a busy place on long weekends, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Monga National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take in the sweet perfumes of the plumwood trees in flower.
See the distinctive bright red colour of the Monga waratah in flower along the banks of Mongarlowe River.
Enjoy the cool temperatures in the rainforest and discover its natural wonders on Penance Grove walking track.
Embark on the historic Corn Trail walking track and experience the diverse natural landscapes of Monga.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
10°C and 26°C
0°C and 11°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area so you'll need to bring your own.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair-accessible.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Narooma office is closed because staff are engaged in fire-fighting duties. The office may re-open 27 January.
- Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4476 0800
- 9 Burrawang Street, Cnr Graham Street, Narooma NSW 2456