Marmong picnic area
Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about the Marmong picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Marmong picnic area is in the Awaba Bay precinct within Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area. To get there:
- Take the Cessnock Road exit off F3 Freeway towards Awaba and Toronto
- Continue along this road as it becomes Awaba Road
- Turn left at Carey Street in Toronto to cross the water
- Turn right along Bay Road, which loops around the point, to Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area.
- Access to the walking track is via George Street, Fennell Bay.
- Take a short walk into the picnic area from the northern end of Awaba Bay Foreshore walking track
Park entry points
- The Ridgeway North See on map
- Sealed roads
- No vehicle access
- All weather
Parking is not available at Marmong picnic area – access is via Awaba Bay Foreshore walking track.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Drop a line at Myuna Bay while the days are still warm enough to sit outside for a peaceful hour or two.
Spring is a lovely time to take Awaba Bay Foreshore walk and stop for a picnic lunch to enjoy the stunning lake views.
Why not kayak around the lake, exploring the secret bays and enjoying the warm water?.
Take a refreshing walk along Wangi circuit walking track, keeping an eye out for the tiny orchids that flower in winter.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 25°C
8°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.