Bouddi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Lobster Beach.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Lobster Beach is within Bouddi National Park and near Brisbane Water National Park. To get there:
- From Gosford, take Central Coast Highway and then turn right onto Avoca Drive.
- Follow Avoca Drive through Kincumber and then turn right onto Empire Bay Drive
- Follow Empire Bay Drive and then turn left onto Wards Hill Road
- Turn right onto The Scenic Road and follow to Hardys Bay
- Turn left at Araluen Drive, follow until Pretty Beach, and then turn left onto High View Road.
- Access to Lobster Beach walking track is signposted and on the left
- Unsealed roads
- No vehicle access
- All weather
- Street parking is available nearby to the attraction on High View Road.
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so boat parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
Take the Bouddi Coastal walk to be amazed by the colourful wildflowers on display in spring.
Cool off with a dip at one the park's gorgeous beaches or try snorkelling at Maitland Bay Surf the popular coastline between MacMasters Beach and Box Head .
Grab the camera and spot humpback whales as they migrate north between May and July.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
9°C and 17°C
January to March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is not available in this area
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Girrakool office
- Monday to Friday, hours vary.
- 02 4320 4200
- 59 Girrakool Rd, Somersby, NSW 2250
- in Bouddi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bouddi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines that accept both card and coins.Buy annual pass
Maitland Bay Information Centre
174 The Scenic Road, Bouddi NSW 2251
- Weekends and public holidays only, 11am to 3pm
- 02 4320 4200 Girrakool office