Little Bay picnic area
Arakoon National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Little Bay picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Little Bay picnic area is in the Trial Bay Gaol precinct of Arakoon National Park. To get there:
From South West Rocks:
- Follow Phillip Drive (it becomes Wilson Street)
- Turn right onto Gladstone Street which becomes Carri Street
- Continue along Carri Street until you reach Little Bay picnic area
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Little Bay picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Arakoon National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The wildflowers will be out so it's a great time to hike the park's walking tracks During the spring, when the she-oaks produce fruit, glossy black cockatoos come in to feed on the ripe seeds .
School's out and it's a great time for a family camping holiday – spend your days swimming, snorkelling, fishing and exploring the park's attractions.
Catch the whales on their journey north along the coast.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
12°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Cold showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
There are rough surfaces in this grassed area. Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Trial Bay Gaol Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6566 6168
- Trial Bay Goal Access Road, Arakoon, NSW 2431