Kellys Falls picnic area
Garawarra State Conservation Area
Kellys Falls picnic area is a network of walking trails, cascading waterfalls and scenic lookouts within Garawarra State Conservation Area between Sydney and Wollongong, near Helensburgh.
- Picnic areas
- Garawarra State Conservation Area
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
The rocks and paths around the waterfalls can be extremely slippery so please be careful if you venture there. Rock pools can also have dangerous submerged rocks just beneath the surface.
Read more about staying safe near waterfalls
Water cascades over the rocks and drops into a pool, providing a relaxing soundtrack to your lunch at Kellys Falls picnic area, a beautiful spot to get back to nature. From this picnic area, you can walk up to one of four scenic lookouts to take in the views of waterfalls and the rainforest-lined gullies below.
With satin bowerbirds, honeyeaters and wattle birds attracted by the flowering banksia, hakea, grevillea and towering Gymea lilies, it’s a great place for birdwatching.
From here, you can take a walk along one of the adjoining walking tracks; there are bushwalking links to Stanwell Tops and Illawarra Escarpment that take you to the northern suburbs of Wollongong.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Garawarra State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Garawarra is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.