Illoura picnic area
Lane Cove National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Illoura picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Illoura picnic area is in the Riverside Drive precinct of Lane Cove National Park. To get there:
- Riverside Drive is accessed from Delhi Road, West Chatswood or Lane Cove Road, Macquarie Park.
- Illoura picnic area is accessed via Riverside Drive, which runs through the park.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Illoura picnic area. Bus parking is available.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Lane Cove National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The crisp sunny days of autumn are perfect for packing up a picnic or barbecue hamper and heading out for a day relaxing in the sun.
The park is alive with new life, including ducklings learning to swim and colourful wildflowers that light up the park's walking tracks.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 27°C
5°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Illoura picnic area is beside Lane Cove Boat Shed, which has canoe launching facilities
- Recycling station in picnic area
- Flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area.
- There is wheelchair access to the picnic shelter shed
- Lane Cove National Park Office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 8448 0400
- Lane Cove National Park, 2 Max Allen Road Lindfield NSW 2070
- in Lane Cove National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Lane Cove National Park is open 9am to 7pm during daylight savings (until 6pm at other times). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines.
Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Prior payment may be required, please phone the Lane Cove National Park Office for more information.
Under the National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 30 or more people planning to visit the park. Contact the park office prior to your visit.Buy annual pass