Engels Reach picnic area
Myall Lakes National Park
Plan a canoeing or kayaking trip along the Myall River, and be sure to drop into Engels Reach picnic area for a break. Enjoy the serenity and seclusion of the park.
- Picnic areas
- Myall Lakes National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, snacks, sunscreen
- Please note
You can dock at the wharf for up to an hour.
After a strenuous morning canoeing or kayaking along the Myall River, you’ll be ready for a break at lunchtime. Engels Reach picnic area is a great place to pull up your canoe or kayak. Set on the edge of the eastern bank of the Myall River, it’s a quieter place than many other picnic areas in the park because you can only get there by boat. You might find you have it all to yourself.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Myall Lakes National Park in the North Coast region
Myall Lakes National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.
The park has coin/card operated pay and display machines at Mungo Brush campground. NPWS visitor service officers regularly visit camping areas to collect fees from campers and sell annual passes. Day passes and annual passes also available from the Great Lakes Area Office, Bulahdelah and Tea Gardens Visitor Information Centres, and other local outlets.
Bombah Point ferry fees may also apply (cash payment only).Buy annual pass