Davidson Park picnic area and boat ramp
Garigal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Davidson Park picnic area and boat ramp.
Getting there and parking
The entrance to the Davidson Park picnic area is located near the Roseville Bridge, Warringah Road, Forestville. To get there:
- Travel southwest along Warringah Road from Forestville
- Take the Healey Way exit on the northeast side of the Roseville Bridge
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
- Parking is available at Davidson Park picnic area. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
- Bus parking is also available.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Garigal National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Spot wildflowers turning the undergrowth into a painter's palette along the Cascades trail during late winter and early spring.
Davidson Park is a popular place for a family picnic or barbecue, so pack up the kids and a tasty lunch to enjoy some time in the great outdoors.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 26°C
10°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Flush toilets
Gas BBQs only.
- A time-controlled water supply is conveniently located near the boat ramp for engine-flushing (a small fee applies).
- You can launch your motor boat or sail boat at Davidson Park for access to Middle Harbour and Sydney Harbour.
- The boat ramp allows for several craft to be launched/retrieved at one time and the ample parking area accommodates vehicles with trailers.
- Two canoe launch ramps are located at Davidson Park. One near the boat ramp parking area, and the other is at the western end of the picnic grounds next to Area 4.
- The boat ramp is open 24 hours every day of the year.
- Canoe ramps are also available.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- This area is fully wheelchair-accessible – most of Davidson Park is wheelchair-accessible
- There is a wheelchair-accessible boat landing pontoon
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
The use of solid fuel barbecues (including wood and charcoal) is prohibited in Garigal National Park.
Gathering firewood and the use of heat beads is not permitted.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- 82 Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Garigal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Garigal National Park is open 6am to 6.30pm (8pm during daylight savings) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies only at Davidson Park only. There are pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day).
Daily entry fee exemption for teachers and educational supervisors (1 adult per 10 children) applies only for organised and pre-arranged group bookings.Buy annual pass