Davidson Park picnic area and boat ramp
Garigal National Park
If you're looking for something to do in Sydney, Davidson Park is a pretty harbourside park with boating and canoeing access, just a short drive from the Sydney CBD.
- Picnic areas
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply at Davidson Park
- Opening times
- Davidson Park picnic area gates are open 6am – 6pm daily
- Gates close at 8pm during daylight savings
- To book a wedding or private function please contact the Forestville office. To book Davidson Park – Area 2 picnic area please click the ‘Book now’ button below.
- Please note
- All launch areas are close to picnic grounds, toilets and barbecue facilities.
If you’re after a beautiful waterside setting for a great day out with family or friends, Davidson Park picnic area is perfect, and just a short drive from the Sydney CBD.
Large open grassy areas, free barbecues and a stunning Middle Harbour Creek backdrop make this spot the perfect place to unwind. Eucalyptus trees are abundant here, so there’s plenty of shade, and lots of space for family games.
Launch ramps mean getting out on the water in a boat or canoe is a breeze. The south-eastern end of the park is ideal for launching your motor boat or sail boat for access to Middle Harbour and Sydney Harbour and, if you’re keen to discover the waterways by canoe or kayak, there are two dedicated ramps - one near the boat ramp parking area and the other at the western end of the picnic grounds. If you feel like a walk after lunch, try Davidson Park to Stepping Stone Crossing walk or Natural Bridge track to Davidson Park, which begin nearby.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- 82 Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Garigal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Garigal National Park is open 6am to 6.30pm (8pm during daylight savings) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies only at Davidson Park only. Day passes are available from on-park pay machines that accept coins and credit cards, and you can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day).
Daily entry fee exemption for teachers and educational supervisors (1 adult per 10 children) applies only for organised and pre-arranged group bookings.Buy annual pass