Daisy Plains picnic area
Carrai National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Daisy Plains picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Daisy Plains picnic area is in Carrai National Park. To get there:
- Take New England Highway south then Oxley Highway east
- From Walcha continue around 54km
- Turn left onto Kangaroo Flat Road and follow signs to Werrikimbe National Park
- Take Mooraback Road, then Racecourse trail through to Coachwood Road
- Follow Coachwood Road to Kookaburra, where it meets Carrai Road.
- Continue along Carrai Road for 23km to Daisy Plains picnic area.
- Turn off Macleay Valley Way north of Kempsey onto Second Lane
- Cross the train line and continue to the end of the road
- Turn right onto River Street which becomes Armidale Road
- Drive around 19km then turn left on Temagog Road
- After 8.5km this becomes Willi Willi Road, continue 17.5km
- Turn left onto Carrai Road. From here, it’s 46.5km to Daisy Plains picnic area.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Daisy Plains picnic area.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
- Walcha office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6777 4700
- 188W North Street, Walcha NSW 2354