Daisy Plains picnic area
Carrai National Park
Visit Daisy Plains picnic area when you travel through Carrai National Park by 4WD. It’s the perfect spot for peaceful lunch when exploring this park’s beautiful forests and steep escarpments.
- Picnic areas
- 4577 Carrai Road, Comara, NSW, 2440 - in Carrai National Park in North Coast, Country NSW
- No wheelchair access
- What to
- Cooking water, drinking water, hat, food supplies, suitable clothing, sunscreen
- Please note
- Daisy Plains huts are often used by NPWS staff doing maintenance work.
- Please take your garbage with you.
- There is no power and some water (boil before drinking).
- This picnic area is in a remote location, pick up your supplies in advance.
Set among tall stands of eucalypt forest and patches of rainforest, this beautiful picnic spot is very remote. You’ll need to bring everything with you, including firewood, and be sure to take away all your rubbish when you leave.
A stop at Daisy Plains is easily combined with a 4WD adventure along Carrai and Coachwood trails.The best times to visit are spring, autumn and winter, and the reward is peacefulness you won’t often find. Listen for glossy black-cockatoos calling from nearby trees. If you’re lucky, you might even spot a red-legged pademelon grazing on the short grass.
It’s also worth making the 25min drive from this picnic area to Mary’s View lookout in adjacent Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. There you’ll feast your eyes on sweeping views over the stunning MacLeay River valley. Botanical enthusiasts will want to keep a lookout for endangered Guthrie’s grevilleas, which flower green, around the edge of the plateau.
- Walcha office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6777 4700
- 188W North Street, Walcha NSW 2354
- in Carrai National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Carrai National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.