Cedar Park picnic area
Ngambaa Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about the Cedar Park picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Cedar Park picnic area is in the southern precinct of Ngambaa Nature Reserve. To get there:
- From Kempsey, following the Pacific Highway north for approximately 25km
- Turn left onto Old Pacific Highway, look for the signs for Eungai Creek.
- Turn left onto Main Street
- Continue onto Little Tamban Road which becomes Tamban Road
- Turn right into Elliotts Road and continue to Searles Road
- Turn right at Searles Road, then right again at Stockyard Creek Road and follow for approximately 1.3km.
- Turn left into Jacks Road, the picnic area is 1km further on the left.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Cedar Park picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Ngambaa Nature Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
Take binoculars in the short walk from Cedar Park picnic area, keeping your eyes open for native birds and koalas.
Take a scenic drive through the reserve, keeping an eye out for wildflowers.
Have a barbecue at Cedar Park picnic area, cooling your feet in Stockyard Creek.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17.4°C and 28.8°C
6.3°C and 20.3°C
February and March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Wood barbecues (firewood supplied)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- The picnic facilities, toilet, and first 80m of the track are wheelchair accessible.
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 32 Marina Drive, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450