Cecil Hoskins picnic area
Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve
Cecil Hoskins picnic area, near Moss Vale, is located beside Wingecarribee River in Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve. It’s an ideal spot for birdwatching, picnicking and having a barbecue.
- Picnic areas
- Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching.
Great things come in small packages and this little picnic area beside Wingecarribee River is no exception to that rule.
Bring along the family and your picnic supplies and set up for a few relaxing hours in this tranquil wetland setting. You could even bring your own gas stove and enjoy a barbecue. After a hot day, it’s a great place for picnicking in the evening.
Feel free to wander the area, taking binoculars with you for some birdwatching as you try to spot the many species of woodland birds and waterbirds. See if you can also find the two rare old Paddys River box trees. They’ve been around much longer than us.
If you want to explore a bit further, Wingecarribee River walking track begins and ends at the picnic area. This walking track loops you through regenerating forest on Wingecarribee floodplain.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 7270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve in the Country NSW region
Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.