Wingecarribee River walking track
Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve
Wingecarribee River walking track is a short easy walk from Cecil Hoskins picnic area, near Moss Vale. Enjoy scenic river views and birdwatching opportunities in Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve.
- Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve
- 0.5km loop
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
To build up an appetite or to walk your food off afterwards, take a stroll along Wingecarribee River walking track, which begins and ends at Cecil Hoskins picnic area. The track is a short easy walk that’s flat with few obstacles and no stairs, so it’s ideal for all age groups.
The track takes you west along the river past Bong Bong weir, then loops back through regenerating forest on Wingecarribee floodplain. You’ll see various types of eucalypts as you follow this walking track, including the less well-known gums, like snow, swamp, black sallee and manna eucalypt trees.
Keep your binoculars in easy reach for birdwatching. Through the forest, you may see woodland birds such as white-throated needletails, welcome swallows and spotted pardalote. Eastern grey kangaroos also inhabit the forest. And did you know you can find platypus shyly hiding in the lagoon?
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 7270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve in the Country NSW region
Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.