Cecil Hoskins picnic area
Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about the Cecil Hoskins picnic area.
Getting there and parking
On entering Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve:
- The picnic area will be adjacent to the carpark
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available nearby Cecil Hoskins picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
When the weather is milder, hike from the reserve to Bong Bong.
Bring your binoculars for a spot of birdwatching and look for migratory bird species that stop over to feed and rest in the reserve.
Enjoy a summer evening picnic and listen to birdcalls. By the time the sun goes down, they'll be in competition with the frogs.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
12°C and 25.3°C
1.8°C and 12.5°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You’ll need to bring your own cooking and drinking water
- Wood fires are not permitted, but you’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 7270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577