Bournda National Park
Bournda Lagoon is an ideal spot within Bournda National Park, near North Tura, where kids can swim, fish and go paddling and picnic among the paper barks.
- Picnic areas
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, please be well prepared for your visit.
Bournda Lagoon occasionally opens to the ocean but is usually a calm, warm swimming hole. An avenue of paperbarks fringes the lagoon and a cascade of giant honey myrtles grow down to the shore; their flowers perfume the air in spring and add to the beauty of this scenic location. Swans are often seen on the lagoon and sea eagles fly overhead as they hunt along the coastline. Wallabies and kangaroos also enjoy the tranquillity of this idyllic place to picnic.
Only a short walk from the carpark, the lagoon is easily accessible. Sheltered and shallow, it’s a safe environment for children to swim and paddle a canoe to their hearts’ content, so bring the whole family and enjoy a day out. There are also plenty of shady spots for a picnic or just to relax and feel a million miles away from civilisation. Remember to bring along your fishing rod, and when you’ve made the catch of the day, spark up a wood fire barbecue and cook up a feast.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- in Bournda National Park in the South Coast region
Bournda National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to extreme weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. This park uses a self-registration fee collection system, please bring correct change.Buy annual pass