Borenore picnic area
Borenore Karst Conservation Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about the Borenore picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
On entering Borenore Karst Conservation Reserve:
The picnic area is 1km from the entrance
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available at the picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Borenore Karst Conservation Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
Let your inner geologist loose among the limestone and see if you can spot the remnants of marble quarries and mines from the past.
Check out the wildflowers and birds in the endangered box gum woodland.
Escape the heat and step into magical Arch Cave while walking the Arch Cave loop track.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 25°C
2°C and 12°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
You will need to bring drinking and cooking water.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area
- Wheelchair access to the picnic area is over natural ground and may require assistance to access this area
- There is barrier-free access to the toilets
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795