Borenore picnic area
Borenore Karst Conservation Reserve
With a large grassy area, barbecues and picnic tables, Borenore picnic area is a great place for a family picnic. After lunch, take an easy walk to explore Arch Cave.
- Picnic areas
- Opening times
- Borenore picnic area is open from 9am to 7pm every day, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Please note
- Watch out for low roof levels or you may bump your head
- Water levels in caves may rise very quickly during rain and thunderstorms. You should always check the expected weather conditions before entering any of the caves. If rain is predicted, you should consider putting off your cave trip till another day.
- The ground in the cave can be slippery, so take care, wear sturdy shoes and take a torch
- The oil on our skin alters the way stalactites and stalagmites grow and can even change the colour of the rock, so please look but don’t touch
- Please do not damage or remove rocks from the area
The large grassy space at Borenore picnic area is a perfect place for the kids to run around before a picnic lunch.
Bring a picnic rug to lay out under the shade of one of the trees, or you can set up at one of the picnic tables. If you’ve driven along the Borenore trail before arriving at the caves, you’ll definitely have some tasty things to cook up on the reserve’s barbecues.
After you’ve enjoyed a picnic lunch at Borenore, the walk to Arch Cave is a must. It’s an easy walk and it's a good idea to take a torch with you so the kids can get a close up view of the stalactites and stalagmites in the cavern. In summer, the caves offer some respite from the hot day and they’re also home to a range of creatures, so keep your eyes peeled.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Borenore Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Borenore Karst Conservation Reserve is open 9am to 7pm every day but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.